Susannah Scanlon our dedicated full time Cancer Support worker will assist any Irish person who has received the diagnosis of cancer through open discussion, emotional support and factual information.
We also work with people caring for friends or family members who need support though this time.
We help through:
- One to one sessions with our Advisor Companionship
- Buddy system with other clients
- Signposting and support through the various stages of illness
- Ensuring communication with family here or overseas is readily available
- Closed online group/forum
- Self-help groups
Signposting to our partner charities/local authority services with regards to:
- Financial advice/Benefit entitlement
- Transport solutions to and from medical appointments
- Home Services such as shopping, arranging payment of bills
Please contact Susannah Scanlon on 0208 900 0001 or [email protected] with any queries.
Download Safe Start Foundation Cancer Activity Timetable here